Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman of Reliance Industries, on Thursday announced the brand new Jio Happy New Year Offer, an extension of all the benefits of the introductory Welcome Offer plan till 31 March 2017. With the Jio Happy New Year Offer, new and existing customers with Reliance Jio SIM will be able to use data, make calls, and access various Jio services without having to pay anything for three more months.
While the Happy New Year offer is great news for Jio customers, there is one major difference between the new plan and the Welcome Offer that was announced roughly two months ago – the new daily FUP limit or the amount of data that can be used on a Reliance Jio SIM before running into the data limit. Read on for details about this new Reliance Jio FUP limit, and more information on the Reliance Jio Happy New Year offer.
What is Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer?
Any new customer who signs up to Reliance Jio from December 4 onwards will be signed up for the Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer. This is a free service offer under which people will be able to make use of all of Jio’s services without having to pay anything.
The Jio Welcome Offer expires on December 31, and the new Jio Happy New Year Offer can be considered a means for the company to continue providing its services to the consumers for free. As was the case with the introductory offer, the Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer provides users with free 4G data, voice calls, and its bouquet of apps from December 4 to March 31 2017.
How do I sign up for Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer?
Any new user who buys a Reliance Jio SIM after December 4 is automatically signed up for the Jio Happy New Year offer. This entails free voice calls and data, along with other benefits of the Reliance Jio Welcome Offer.
Can Jio Welcome Offer customers switch to the new Jio Happy New Year Offer?
Customers who signed up for the service as part of the Jio Welcome Offer will be automatically moved to the Reliance Jio Happy New Year starting January 1. They will continue availing the same benefits till March 31, 2017. This means that if you already have a Jio SIM, you do not need to get a new connection – the same free benefits will continue till March-end.
Do I get unlimited browsing with this offer?
At the Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer’s announcement, Mukesh Ambani said that 80 percent of Reliance Jio customers use under 1GB of data per day, while the remaining 20 percent consumed disproportionately high amounts. Jio networks get congested because of these 20 percent users.
In a bid to counter this, Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer introduces a daily FUP (Fair Usage Policy) limit of 1GB. After you consume 1GB of data in a day, you will get 128Kbps Internet speeds. In the original Jio Welcome Offer, the limit was 4GB per day, after which the speed was throttled.
What about calls and messages?
All calls and messages will be free, not just for the special offers but even afterwards. You’re only going to have to pay for data, after the Happy New Year Offer ends.
What about Jio Cinema, Music, and other apps?
The other details of the Jio Happy New Year Offer remain the same as that of the company’s Welcome Offer. This means that you have full and free access to all of Jio’s apps. This includes it’s video on demand service, live TV app, music streaming app, magazines, news, chat, cloud storage, and more. All these apps are free to use under the Welcome Offer, and will continue to be free under the Happy New Year Offer.
Source by gadgets…Share: